Subscribe

Subscribe in a reader

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Join My Community at MyBloglog!

Photography Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Blog Directory and Search engine

Add to Technorati Favorites

Link To Us

Right click and save the image to your disk, or simply copy/paste the code below into your web page.

Photo and Sketch

Associates

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, May 26, 2008

Dreamscape

Summertime
"Summertime"
Prints are available from my ImageKind Gallery


dream•scape
Pronunciation: (drēm'skāp"),
—n.
1. a dreamlike, often surrealistic scene.
2. a painting depicting such a scene.

I've always had the desire to transfer my inner images onto sheets of paper. That's why I've kept on painting day after day since my childhood. But it is easier said than done. I have to admit that most of the time, the pictures I painted were nowhere near the images I had in my mind. Colours were too bright, too vivid, too dark or too murky, the edges were too sharp or too blurry, etc... In short, I could never satisfied with the techniques I used with my paintings.
I often thought that I would never be able to recreate my "dreamscapes".

Then, one day, the idea of using photographs to represent my version of the world came to me. First I took the photograph with the finished image in my mind, and then, painted over it. This worked amazingly well. I was so excited! Two of my favourite things, photography and painting, combined together and managed to achieve the result I've always wanted!

The gallery I have on ImageKind is more or less dedicated to these dreamscape images. These series of landscapes are dreamy and surreal. These are to reflect my own inner world, so they make sense to me but not necessarily to you ;-)

I just hope that somebody, somewhere, loves these dreamy scenes as much as I do :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful dreamscape! Love your works...